Well – Friday is the big day! We will be leaving the church at 4:00 AM (yikes) Friday morning to head to Jamaica on mission. There is a lot to do in last minute preparations both for the trip itself and getting things at home and work prepared for my absence of 10 days. But I wanted to quickly post and let you know how you can share in this Jamaica trip and stay up to date with what is going on with our team.
First of all, I will try and post daily updates here on the blog. If you are a subscriber to the blog newsletter, you will receive these updates by email. If you have not yet signed up for email updates from this blog, you can do so by following the instructions you find by clicking here. You can also follow me on Twitter (@BTBeasley) for more frequent messages and updates.
This year I’m also going to play around with a new technology. PERISCOPE is a new app which allows people to stream live video on the internet. I have experimented with it a little already, and basically the idea is that I can video some of the events live in Jamaica and you can watch them as they are happening on the internet here. If you are a technology person and would like to participate, download the periscope app and “follow” me (search for @BTBeasley). I will also try to post links on Twitter when I am broadcasting.
Obviously, all of this will depend on the quality and availability of an internet connection down there. Sometimes the wi-fi is hit and miss.
Finally, I would ask for your prayers this week on the following items:
1. Protection and health for our team both this week and while we are in country. The name of our team members: David, Carol, Jessie, Tyler, Josiah, Dottie, Payden, Josh, and Christina and me.
2. Pray for the last bit of financial support to come in. Thanks to your incredible generosity, Christina and I are fully funded, but a couple of our teammates are still raising funds.
3. Pray for Christina and I as we teach and share during the trip. I might also be doing some preaching so please pray that God speaks through us.
4. Pray for my patience the next few weeks. There is stress in trying to get everything prepared, then in doing the work, and then in coming back home and getting caught back up again.
5. Pray for our team’s strength and energy during the trip. We are participating in a lot of ministry in these 10 days in several different locations and it is HOT.
6. Most importantly, pray for life change to occur both in our team and in the people we come into contact with. Pray that God works both in us and through us.
And thank you so much for your prayers and financial support. I can’t tell you how much it means to be a partner with you in the work of the kingdom!This blog post was written by Brian Beasley - Visit Brian Beasley Music.com