Tomorrow is the big day! Going to wake up bright and early so I can be at the church at 4:30 AM to catch a ride to the airport and then a flight to Jamaica. I’m fairly certain I won’t be able to sleep much tonight anyway because of the excitement, and I have never been able to sleep much in a car or a plane, so I’m hopeful that a few extra doses of caffeine will get me through what will be a long day. We will hit the ground running tomorrow afternoon and leap right into performing and teaching at a Worship Leader’s Conference near Montego Bay.
From an earthly standpoint, the timing for this trip is not great for me. My wife just had unexpected major surgery last week and is slowly recovering, so it’s not the best time for me to be leaving. Our kids will be good helpers, I’m sure, but I feel like there are things that she is going to need that I will be too far away to take care of. Additionally, she has a follow-up appointment with the surgeon on Monday which I will miss that is pretty important. I will have internet access in Jamaica, though, which will help bridge the gap a little bit. (How else would I keep you informed about how the trip is going?)
Speaking of updates, I will be posting here on the blog as often as I can – hopefully as least daily. If you are subscribed by email, anything I’ve posted will be sent out every night to your inbox at 11pm. If you aren’t subscribed and would like to receive this update automatically, just click the “get updates by email” box at the top of the page. If you sent me an email address with your support money, I’ve signed you up already. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of any of the emails.
For more current updates, you might want to follow my twitter account (@BTBeasley) or my instagram account (BTBeasley). I will try to post there as much as possible in our busy schedule.
Most importantly, can I ask that you pray for us? Here’s some things for which I am praying and would appreciate your prayers as well:
- Safety and good health for me and the team.
- That I would be allowed to bring my bass guitar on the plane as a carry-on.
- Strength and energy, especially for Friday afternoon and evening. As I mentioned, I probably won’t get a lot of sleep and combined with the heat and humidity down there, I’m afraid I will be a zombie right when I will be singing, playing, and/or teaching.
- Please pray for my family at home and especially for my wife – pray that the kids will take care of their responsibilities and help her as she continues to heal. Pray that nothing breaks or goes wrong at the house while I am away. Pray that we will be able to communicate when we need to.
- Pray for good pathological test results when she gets them on Monday morning.
One more note – one of the guys who is going with me on the trip (and bringing his family) has his own website over at “BuildingYourBand.com.” Go check it out! And while you are at it, you can look at the website for the ministry whose vision gave rise to this trip – “Teach412.com.”